[Monotone-devel] naughty merge tool

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] naughty merge tool
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:56:20 -0800

I've just noticed that there's some minor corruption in monotone's
ChangeLog; in particular, "Wojciech Mi<non-ascii>kowski" is having his
name gradually changed by the insertion of more non-ascii bytes.  My
best guess right now as to the cause is that some external merge tool
is not playing nice with utf-8.

The reason this is my best guess is that I can't cause it to happen
again locally just by poking at monotone, and the two most recent
times it's happened were both merges by Julio.  Julio, what merge tool
do you use?

- Don't let your informants burn anything.
- Don't grow old.
- Be good grad students.
  -- advice of Murray B. Emeneau on the occasion of his 100th birthday