[Monotone-devel] checkout, setup and MT/options

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: [Monotone-devel] checkout, setup and MT/options
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:09:25 -0700

I've made a couple small changes to the way the search for a working copy works related to the comments in this thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2005-01/msg00164.html

the checkout and setup commands now *do* search for a working copy and will read default options from MT/options if found.

checkout with a specific revision id will fail (intentionally) if that revision is not a member of the branch found in MT/options or specified on the command line.

also, all commands now accept a --root=dir option that can be used to stop the search for a working directory at the specified directory rather than searching all the way to the root of the filesystem. (similar to the -l/--local idea Peter had suggested).

I'm not entirely sure this new option is (a) useful or (b) correct though and it's a bit of an experiment. there may be some cases where it does what you want, but it doesn't, for example, prevent

        $ monotone --root=. setup foo

from finding the MT dir in ./MT which means that foo will still get options unless setup is run from a subdirectory of the working copy. perhaps something like --nosearch would be better to completely disable the search rather than try to limit it.

Cheers,
Derek