[Monotone-devel] Multiple projects and future commands

From: Henry Nestler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Multiple projects and future commands
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:09:13 +0100

Hello!

I'm want to use monotone as software pool for many small projects with mixed groups for developers, but not all users works on same projects.

Here a sample, have 3 branches and 2 users:
branch: group.project1, user: Henry only
branch: group.project2, users: Henry and Tom
branch: group.project3, user: Tom only

Under group.project1 have also a lot of sub branches, i.g. group.project1.stable, group.project1.unstable

And here my problem:
If I use "monotone serve group" only, than I must download all projects from Tom. But I don't need this.

If I enable all collection's, such as
"monotone serve group.project1 group.project2 group.project3" I must change the command line on server for every new project.

It is possible, to allow a "push group.project1", if the server runs with "serve group"?

Next is, I want download only a stable versions of a project, not all. Fo sample "push group.project1.stable", if the server runs as "serve group.project1".

I have tried many configuration for some szenario, but it do not work.

Other questions:
Rename or delete a complete branch in local database?
Delete some older revisions from database, perhaps as copy from old to new database? (HOWTO)
Errorlevel for an incomplete push/pull (no access rights on server)?

PS: I'm use monotone version 0.14 since Aug 2004 in www.colinux.org, and this works very good. Now it's time to use also in other projects.

Henry