[Monotone-devel] SHA-1 Broken

From: Dean Kusler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] SHA-1 Broken
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:37:39 -0600

I'm sure many of y'all have already seen this, but I hadn't seen it posted to the list yet. Preliminary details on Bruce Schneier's blog.

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/02/sha1_broken.html

Of course, collision attacks probably aren't that important for Monotone's use of SHA-1, since you'd need to have a malicious person with write access to your database, in which case you're probably screwed anyways.

Dean Kusler