Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: invariant 'I(!null_id(id))' violated

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: invariant 'I(!null_id(id))' violated
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:08:49 -0800

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 11:56:10PM +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
> I think I figured it out: That happens when MT/revision is
> missing but "options" is there. Can someone confirm this?

Oh, umm, yeah, I haven't tried it, but your log does say that
MT/revision was missing, and I can't imagine how update would work in
such a situation.  So it sounds like the bug is that we should notice
MT/revision missing earlier, and blame the user rather than the code.

I'm not sure why we even default to allowing an empty revision file...
these days, with 'setup', we can perfectly well say that if you have
MT/ but no MT/revision, then the working copy is just corrupt.

"Lull'd in the countless chambers of the brain,
Our thoughts are link'd by many a hidden chain:
Awake but one, and lo! what myriads rise!
Each stamps its image as the other flies"
  -- Ann Ward Radcliffe, The Mysteries of Udolpho