[Monotone-devel] Re: Is there something like libmonotone?

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Is there something like libmonotone?
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:46:18 -0500

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 09:31:54AM +0100, Christof Petig wrote:

Additionally monotone (IIRC) caches cert signature evaluation (which is
also costly IIRC).

It is costly, but actually we currently don't cache.

we cache decrypted and decoded keys. we don't cache signature checks or trust evaluations. these choices were based on profiling, not a particularly detailed analysis of security tradeoffs, and the profile distribution might have changed since then anyways. it's fair to revisit this stuff.

probably it'd be good to hang a general purpose cache off app_state -- just for comprehensibility, if someone is reading the code -- rather than having these little static caches all over the program.

-graydon