Re: [Monotone-devel] Invariant Failure while Merging

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Invariant Failure while Merging
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:08:55 -0800

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 07:17:31PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> Dear Monotone Developers,
>     My name is Michael Stone.  My lab partners and I are developing
> robotics control software for our class and we decided to use
> Monotone for our version control system.

I hope it's working out well for you, aside from this bug you've run
into!  Perhaps you'd be interested in answering the users survey we
recently posted, in case you haven't seen it yet?
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2005-02/msg00000.html

> This merge error message
> asked that we report it to you, so here it is.  Any thoughts you
> have would be appreciated.  Please let me know if there's any other
> information that would be of use to you.

I haven't seen this particular error before, so it looks like a new
bug.  Would it be possible to make available your database (if the
information in it isn't proprietary or the like), or failing that, the
output of running the same command again, passing the --debug switch
on the command line?  That would be very helpful in tracking down what
exactly is going wrong.

Thanks,

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould