[Monotone-devel] Re: Would you declare monotone ready for production use

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Would you declare monotone ready for production use?
Date: 15 Aug 2004 13:59:24 +0200

Andreas Känner writes:

 > is monotone ready for production use or should I wait a
 > little bit longer?

I have been using Monotone in production for more than six
months, and I have had no serious problems. Granted, there
were bugs, but none of them resulted in any sort of data
loss, and Graydon was always rather quick to get them fixed.
I guess, though, that you (or your users) need fairly good
Unix/networking/scripting knowledge, to be really happy with
Monotone at the moment. The user interface can do pretty
much everything, but you need to _know_ how to.
Inexperienced users will probably find it cumbersome to use
at this point.

Peter