monit not connecting to mmonit

From: AEI Hannover
Subject: monit not connecting to mmonit
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:28:44 +0200

Hi all,

I have a problem here with one particular system where monit is not
connecting to my m/monit instance.
The setup for monit on that machine is the same as for dozens of other
machines here that work fine. In particular, I have the line

set mmonit http://monit:address@hidden

in there. Monit starts just fine

[CEST Oct 12 17:12:53] info     : Starting monit daemon with http interface at
[*:8080]
[CEST Oct 12 17:12:53] info     : Starting monit HTTP server at [*:8080]
[CEST Oct 12 17:12:53] info     : monit HTTP server started
[CEST Oct 12 17:12:53] info     : 'system_pt-fb11' Monit started
[CEST Oct 12 17:12:53] info     : M/Monit heartbeat started

and never complains about anything. It writes me emails about starting and
stopping the monit instance just fine.  However, it never shows up on my
m/monit server, although it claims to send the necessary information:

M/Monit: status message sent to http://cascade:8080/collector

>From a quick tcpdump on the machine I can verify that it is talking to the
>m/monit, but obviously something must be going wrong there (although I cannot
>see any error message at all). Any hints what might be the reason for this?

cu
  Gerrit