Re: monit not connecting to mmonit

From: AEI Hannover
Subject: Re: monit not connecting to mmonit
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:17:08 +0200

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:58:08 +0200 Martin Pala <address@hidden>
wrote about Re: monit not connecting to mmonit:

MP> 1.) stop monit
MP> 2.) remove the monit id file (by default stored as ~/.monit.id)
MP> 3.) start monit … it will generate new id and store it to the file,
MP> you should see the new host in M/Monit now

Yes, that did it... which is actually strange, because I already suspected
a problem like this yesterday and already had deleted .monit.id once or
twice.
I had a different machine running under the same dns name before and
removed it from M/Monit host table before bringing the new one online.

Anyway, now it looks just fine, thank you for your support.

cu
  Gerrit