Re: restart after cycles

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: restart after cycles
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 18:04:00 +0200

On Oct 5, 2011, at 5:43 PM, Mark Olliver wrote:

> Now I just need to have it not alert for the other events

This is documented at
http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#alert_messages [1]

For instance 'alert address@hidden only on { timeout, nonexist }' or the
negation 'alert address@hidden not on { action, instance, pid, ppid }' That
last version will prevent that Monit sends an alert every time it start or
stops and whenever you issue an action on a service, such as start, stop,
restart (un)monitoring and when a process's pidfile changes.

[1] I know it may be hard to read the manual and find the information you need.
So we plan to instead create a simple "how to" or FAQs to make all the things
you can do with Monit more accessible. We'll notify this mailing list when the
new improved docs are available.