monit-dev

Re: monit for AIX

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: monit for AIX
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:24:38 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

> Richard Schwaninger <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > >
> > > Thank you for the contribution! Allthough I'm not sure we will want to
> > > support AIX since I do not think anyone in the project actually has
> > > access to an AIX machine. Christian, as responsible for the sysdep
> > > code what are your thoughts on this?
> >
> > some more comments on the AIX port:
> > the problem with the errno value on getpgid() is related to the
> > threads as you indicated. When errno.h is included before phtread.h
> > then the code fails. Either including pthread.h first or setting
> > _THREAD_SAFE to 1 does the trick.
>
> That's nice to know. BTW, does _REENTRANT work instead of
> _THREAD_SAFE? Those defines are often intermixed. Anyway it's up to
> Christian if he want's to include the AIX port.

Sure... we should include it. I am on it right now!  But the
_REENTRANT <-> _THREAD_SAFE thing has to be cleared out first!

Maybe (really JUST MAYBE!!!!) I can get access to a AIX machine in
another institute of the university.... I know the admin. (-:

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113