Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] How to put MXE repos into debian sources.list

From: pjfarley3
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] How to put MXE repos into debian sources.list
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 02:07:47 -0400

OK, I tried using https as you suggested (had to install
apt-transport-https) and the number of messages is much reduced, but still
an issue:

$ sudo apt update
Hit:1 http://security.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates InRelease
Ign:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch InRelease
Hit:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-updates InRelease
Hit:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch Release
Ign:6 https://pkg.mce.cc/repos/apt stretch InRelease
Err:7 https://pkg.mce.cc/repos/apt stretch Release
  404  Not Found
Reading package lists... Done
E: The repository 'https://pkg.mce.cc/repos/apt stretch Release' does not
have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
details.

It would seem that apt is not going to let me access this repository without
some further magic (note "... disabled by default").

Any further advice you can offer is appreciated.

Peter

Not Found" message from apt update though, see pasted messages below.