[Mingw-cross-env-list] How to put MXE repos into debian sources.list

From: pjfarley3
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] How to put MXE repos into debian sources.list
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 00:07:12 -0400

Hello,

I am running Debian stretch (9.x x86_64, Virtualbox on Win10) and would like to install MXE from the repository of precompiled deb files using apt-get rather than recompiling everything I need.

How do I write the “deb” line in sources.list to correctly access that repository please?

I tried these:

deb http://pkg.mxe.cc main

deb http://pkg.mxe.cc/repos main

deb http://pkg.mxe.cc/repos/apt main

But none of those worked, I got syntax errors from apt search:

E: Malformed entry 8 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list (Component)

E: The list of sources could not be read.

TIA for any help you can provide.

Peter