Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Installing in Offline Environment

From: Gerardo Ballabio
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Installing in Offline Environment
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 19:03:37 +0200

I too usually build MXE packages offline. In fact I go even further
than you: I run "make -n download-*" to get the list of required
packages and then I download them by hand (this lets me avoid wasting
bandwidth by downloading a package if I already have it from a
previous build -- I probably don't need this anymore but until quite
recently I did not have a fast internet connection). This has usually
worked except for a period, maybe one or two years ago, when "make
gcc" failed because of several missing dependencies. However, after
downloading them and putting them in the pkg directory (that took
repeating the procedure several times, because on each attempt I would
get the name of ONE missing dependency), in the end I have always
succeeded. But if I remember correctly, the last time I tried there
were no missing dependencies and the build worked on the first try. So
I assumed that the issue had been fixed.

If you have the prerequisite packages in your pkg directory but MXE
still tries to download them, I'd suggest to look at the build logs.
That may help figure what's going on.

Gerardo