[Mingw-cross-env-list] Installing in Offline Environment

From: Seth Raymond
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Installing in Offline Environment
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 10:04:39 -0400

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with this for a few days, so I figured I should reach out to see what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to install a Qt 5 cross-compiler on an offline environment. I cloned the repo on a network-connected machine and ran

$ make download-qt5

to get the dependencies all downloaded. However, when I brought it to my offline machine (which lives in /opt/mxe) and ran

$ make qt5

it was trying to download prerequisite packages (bzip2, lcms, gcc, etc). I tried downloading all of the packages from pkg.mxe.cc/pkg and copied them onto my non-network connected computer (under /opt/mxe/pkg) and ran

$ make qt5

again, only to get the same issue - it was trying to download the prerequisite packages. I am running as root, so it's not a permissions issue.

Can anyone help me out, or tell me what it is I'm doing wrong? TIA!

-Seth