Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] which Ubuntu version for MXE master branch?

From: Hamza Alloush
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] which Ubuntu version for MXE master branch?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 21:43:18 +0000

> Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 21:03:44 +0200
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] which Ubuntu version for MXE master
> branch?
>
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 10:48:00AM +0200, Volker Grabsch wrote:
>> Hamza Alloush schrieb:
>>> currently is not possible to compile all MXE toolchain on Ubuntu
>>> 14.04.2 (it stops at gdb), which is expected since the requirements
>>> for a Debian derivative distro is one that uses latest stable Wheezy
>>> packages.
>>
>> Could you send your error messages to the list? Maybe someone could
>> have a look at it.
>
> FWIW, I could build gdb correctly on Debian unstable (which should be
> quite close to jessie) last week.
>
>> Debian/Jessie is newer than Debian/Wheezy, so it should work. Also,
>> Jessie will become the new Stable after Wheezy, so we should fix any
>> issues with Jessie as soon as possible, rather than all at once when
>> Jessie is released.
>
> You mean like until 4 days ago? ;)
>
>> As a side note: A few weeks ago I was successfully building some part
>> of MXE on Debian/Sid (Unstable), so that shouldn't be a fundamental
>> problem, either.
>
> Is there interest in a public build slave? I have a quite idle vserver
> (not very fast, but better then nothing) and could slap something
> together that creates a sucessful/not sucessful overview every few
> days...
>
> Regards, Tobias
>
> --
> GPG-Key 0x0EBD3CD637B2EE85 - signed/encrypted mail preferred

Hi Tobias,

unfortunatly even on Wheezy 7.8 the toolchain compilations fails(at "devil"),
the log is very related to this debian bug, where "devil" 1.7.8 fails to
compile with GCC>4.9.x
here is the bug report on debian list:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-qa-packages/2015/02/msg00052.html
here is my log file: http://pastebin.com/VnkLDDdj