Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Stable Branch Update - Call for Testers - itk

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Stable Branch Update - Call for Testers - itk_i686_pc failed
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 15:59:28 +1000

On 22/07/2013, at 7:09 AM, Alois Schlögl <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> I've been testing this
>>>
>>>    make MXE_TARGETS='i686-pc-mingw32'
>>>
>>> and compilation fails for itk.
>> Cmake is somewhat opaque to me, but these lines from the log seem odd:
>>
>> CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
>> set to NOTFOUND.
>> Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
>> files:
>> HDF5_rt_LIBRARY_DEBUG (ADVANCED)
>>
>> I can't find any reference to "HDF5_rt" in the itk source or my cmake
>> modules directory. Are you using a custom FindHDF5.cmake?
>
> No, I'm aware of any special settings that might affect this. I tested also
> on a second debian/wheezy amd64 machine, and get the same result. cmake is
> version 2.8.9.
>
> I've also finished testing all other packages on MXE_TARGETS='i686-pc-mingw32
> x86_64-w64-mingw32 i686-w64-mingw32', and the only other issue I see is
> building vtk6; it fails with a very similar error message (see attached log
> file).

I think this is some sort of realtime extension used by ParaView (another
Kitware project - do you have that installed?), but can't find much information
about it.

I've added a standard FindHDF5.cmake to both itk and vtk6:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/395f67af46b25d2bc08c9984b73efdb9ecb6ce99

hopefully, this takes precedence over anything installed on your system. Can
you do:

git pull
touch ./usr/*/installed/*
make MXE_TARGETS='i686-pc-mingw32 x86_64-w64-mingw32 i686-w64-mingw32'

Thanks,