[Mingw-cross-env-list] wxwidgets with mingw-w64 (was Re: Stable Branch U

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] wxwidgets with mingw-w64 (was Re: Stable Branch Update - Call for Testers)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:53:00 +1000

On 19/07/2013, at 11:13 PM, Alois Schlögl <address@hidden> wrote:
[…]

>> 2) The current master branch produces well working binaries for all your
>> applications.
>
> src/wxwidgets.mk contains an empty instruction set for the w64 targets, and
> does therefore not provide a w64 built for wxwidgets.
> building wxwidgets for the x86_64-w64-mingw32 target was possible before the
> switch to gcc 4.8.x

[…]

>> along with the targets you have built(i686-pc-mingw32 | x86_64-w64-mingw32 |
>> i686-w64-mingw32).
>> For failing builds, please post the full log (above details will be
>> included).
>
> After disabling the empty build instructions for wxwidgets on w64 as below, I
> get the attached log files.

The i686 build is failing during the "ansi" build - I believe this is now
deprecated and removing it leaves the "-luuid" issue for both targets. Gtk had
a similar issue with recent mingw-w64, so I think it may be easy enough to fix.

There's been a new wxwidgets release (2.9.5) in the past week (which causes
other issues), I'll look at updating and enabling the *-w64-* builds after the
stable release.