Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Gentoo doc update (was error when compiling g

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Gentoo doc update (was error when compiling gcc)
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 21:04:35 +0200

Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Attached
> is a patch to add a Gentoo section with the install commands from
> Robin and a pointer to the patched gcc.mk if required; and the patched
> file itself. I imagine we could put this somewhere in the project's
> download directory so people can find it.

This file would quickly become outdated and thus would do more harm
than good. We should better provide a patch that adds the $(SED)
line. Or just include that $(SED) line. (see below)

> My main reason for not proposing this as a change to mingw-cross-env
> is that there's no way (I can find) to make it an upstream change. I
> think we should leave it as a pointer in the docs for the time being.

We already do have changes that won't ever make it into upstream. The
question is whether the change will do any harm to the non-Gentoo users
of Mingw-cross-env.

So what do you think? Could that $(SED) command cause any trouble on
non-Gentoo systems?

If not, please include the $(SED) line permanently with an explaining
comment in src/gcc.mk.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR