[Mingw-cross-env-list] Gentoo doc update (was error when compiling gcc)

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Gentoo doc update (was error when compiling gcc)
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 03:52:14 +1000

On 2 June 2010 22:23, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2 June 2010 21:57, hoijui <address@hidden> wrote:
>> emerge sys-devel/autoconf sys-devel/automake app-shells/bash sys-devel/bison
>> \
>>                app-arch/bzip2 dev-util/cmake sys-devel/flex sys-devel/gcc \
>>                sys-devel/make sys-apps/sed sys-devel/libtool
>> dev-libs/openssl \
>>                sys-devel/patch dev-lang/perl dev-util/pkgconfig
>> dev-util/scons \
>>                app-arch/unzip net-misc/wget
>>
>> i just took the Debian command to get the requirements, and searched
>> for the gentoo equivalents (openssl-dev is not needed, as we always
>> have the sources anyway).
>
> That's perfect, thanks.
>
>> Will you also include a note on that page, about that gcc*.mk needs patching?
>
> Shall do, I hope to get a chance to look into it further before the
> next release.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to look at this again. Attached
is a patch to add a Gentoo section with the install commands from
Robin and a pointer to the patched gcc.mk if required; and the patched
file itself. I imagine we could put this somewhere in the project's
download directory so people can find it.

My main reason for not proposing this as a change to mingw-cross-env
is that there's no way (I can find) to make it an upstream change. I
think we should leave it as a pointer in the docs for the time being.