Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] guile

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] guile
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 02:21:12 +1000

On 15 April 2010 01:37, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Tony Theodore <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> On 14 April 2010 17:08, Tony Theodore <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > The attached guile.mk works, but needs cleaning up. For some reason,
>> > gmp 5 doesn't work for the native build, and the native gmp configure
>> > tries to optimise for processor.
>>
>> I'm stuck on this now, I've changed the native install directory to a
>> temp rather than $(PREFIX) and tried to be a little smarter about
>> conditionally passing the ABI variable to gmp (OSX needs this since
>> gmp tries to build a 64bit lib if the processor supports, but
>> otherwise everything is 32bit by default).
>
> Thanks for your great work, but I think there is a simpler solution. :-)
>
> Guile doesn't really need a native guile to build itself. The native
> guile is just used to generate the "guile-procedures.txt", which
> seems to be just a documentation text file.
>
> By suppressing that we can eliminate the whole need for a native guile.
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/08e0d4db0973
>

> Mark, Tony, please check whether that works for you.

Much simpler indeed! That builds successfully on OSX, and you've saved
me going down my next path of revisiting the whole native tools
scenario to see where guile would fit. Thanks.

For my future reference, how do you find those make options like
"schemelib_DATA"? I thought configure generates the makefile and look
for something like --without-doc etc.