Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.9

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.9
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 22:16:32 +1100

2009/10/6 Tony Theodore <address@hidden>

2009/10/5 Volker Grabsch <address@hidden>

Dear mingw-cross-env supporters,

Finally, Qt has been successfully integrated, and the tutorial
contains a small section about Qt. So it's time for a new
release. I just upgraded all packages [1] and fixed some
package build scripts. The new release will look like this:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/fb69a4c7af8e/doc/index.html#latest-release

As usual, it's time to test the current development version
on as many systems as possible.

   Everyone is invited to help!

I'll wait for your test results until Thursday, i.e.

   October 8, 2009

If you need more time, just drop me a note.
Your report should include the following information:

   - system name and version

   - whether the build succeeded or failed

   - in case the build failed: the complete log file
     (... and maybe a patch to fix the issue)

Open Solaris 2009.06 (x86) builds successfully with the attached changes to qt.mk. I'm not sure how to make that cross-plaform, maybe some sed trickery. Output of uname -a is:

SunOS tt-u20-osol 5.11 snv_111b i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

FreeBSD 7.2 (i386) requires xorg-libraries for the native part of the qt build. I couldn't find a way to configure without x11.

OSX 10.5 doesn't have the -a option for cp, cp -pR is the equavalent (qt.mk line 50).

Both FreeBSD and OSX fail at the same point building the win32 target for qt. Attached is the freebsd log.

FreeBSD-amd64 (with nsis removed) fails at the same point as FreeBSD-i386 and OSX 10.5. It seems to be using g++ instead of i686-pc-mingw32-g++.

OSX 10.6 is still having problems with even a native build of gcc. I'll keep checking the macports list in the coming weeks.