Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.8

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of release 2.8
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:20:23 +1000

2009/9/7 Volker Grabsch <address@hidden>:
> Thanos Kyritsis <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> >
>> > It works fine here. Thanks!
>>
>> And here as well, well done! :)
>
> Fine. :-)
>
> So there's just one outstanding test (Tony's test on MacOS 10.6)
> of which I know.

10.6 looks like it may be a long exercise. Apple have updated their
compiler toolchain and it breaks a few things, without an easy way to
drop back to the old versions.
First was binutils, and a --disable-werror allows it to continue.
Now it's failing at gcc, log is attached. Apparently the new ld
doesn't behave like a gnu ld, and the workarounds I've seen aren't
very clean.
I'll keep looking at it, but wouldn't let it hold up the release.