Re: Running multiple site from one binary install

From: Matt Connell
Subject: Re: Running multiple site from one binary install
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 17:57:01 +0200 (CEST)

On 2020-05-14 10:41, ayleph wrote:
That's an interesting idea. I've always just created multiple
virtualenvs to run multiples sites from the same machine.

To both ayleph and the OP,

If it were me in need of running multiple instances, and I had the hardware horsepower (specifically memory) to do it, I would use independent Docker containers.

I run MG in Docker with nginx in front of it to handle SSL/TLS, and I needed a second copy, I could easily just copy-paste the virtual host, change the port number, and spin up a new container.

I'd be happy to share the nginx vhost and shell script I use for this setup, if there's any interest.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat, just offering it as an option.