Re: [GMG-Devel] Apply to work on MediaGoblin for GSoC 2015!

From: fr33domlover
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Apply to work on MediaGoblin for GSoC 2015!
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 18:08:56 +0200

On 2015-03-24
Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Are you a student?  Interested in working on MediaGoblin this summer?
> Maybe consider applying for a summer internship through Google Summer of
> Code 2015!
>
>   https://wiki.mediagoblin.org/GSOC_2015
>
> Only two days left to apply!  :)
>
>  - Chris

The idea is really cool and I'd more than happy to apply, so many cool projects
including MediaGoblin!

But somehow, I feel very uncomfortable to take money from g00gle, considering
their position regarding freedom and privacy, which is huge unethical
irresponsibility. Or to participate in this kind of events they organize.

I'm not coming to criticize (this time), I just wonder and would like to ask:

Does anyone else have this feeling?

I'd prefer to code for nothing in return, that take their m0ney earned by
secretly recording people's online activity and selling/sending to 3rd parties /
NSA ...

---
fr33domlover         <http://www.rel4tion.org/people/fr33domlover>
GPG key ID:          63E5E57D (size: 4096)
GPG key fingerprint: 6FEE C222 7323 EF85 A49D  5487 5252 C5C8 63E5 E57D