Re: [GMG-Devel] 0.8.0 freeze!

From: ayleph
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] 0.8.0 freeze!
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:37:06 -0800

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:50:22PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:

> During update, I had the following problems:
>
> - - merging master into my v0.7.1 with little changes reported a merge
> conflict in .gitignore, which is quite easy to fix.
>
> - - bootstrap.sh && ./configure && make :
>
> Skipping mediagoblin/i18n/jbo/mediagoblin.po which pybabel can't
> compile :(
> error: mediagoblin/i18n/ca/mediagoblin.po:399: positional format
> placeholders are unbalanced
> Skipping mediagoblin/i18n/templates/en/mediagoblin.po which pybabel
> can't compile :(

I can confirm the pybabel error. I had that one plus a couple others. I've
opened tickets for the issues I've encountered.

#5019 - make fails without pybabel [1]
#5020 - Errors in translations [2]
#5021 - bin/gmg not created in new install [3]

[1] https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5019
[2] https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5020
[3] https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5021

> - - ./bin/gmg dbupdate
>
> Yay, here the real fun started. Gstreamer...
>
> First of all "./bin/gmg dbupdate" could not find "gi", this problem
> was easily solved by "./bin/pip install gi".
>
> But "dbupdate" still did not succeed, because it wants to have
> gstreamer :(

I didn't get this far, as my install didn't even create the 'bin/gmg'
executable (#5021). You don't have the video plugin enabled in your
mediagoblin.ini, do you?

--
ayleph