[GMG-Devel] "stable" branch

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] "stable" branch
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 12:57:36 -0600

We've discussed at various points in the past having a branch that we
can recommend people to check out in the docs and which is fairly
stable.

Well, I've just committed an pushed the "stable" branch... which is
basically, for now, just 0.7.1.  Usually this will simply follow
whatever release we are doing.

What this means:
 - We'll still keep up the level of quality that we require for a commit
   to master.  I think that's good policy.
 - However, come next release, users who follow our current "check out
   from git" method will have an easier time tracking which branch they
   pull from.
 - stable will usually just track whatever the last release was (though
   minor docs fixes can be added to it).
 - docs.mediagoblin.org now points at stable.  master (and come 0.8.0,
   stable) now recommends cloning and checking out from the stable branch.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
 - Chris