Re: [GMG-Devel] Nonfree Javascript

From: Odin Hørthe Omdal
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Nonfree Javascript
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 22:28:03 +0100

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> wrote:
We could use help with this... I need to look again at how to do it,
though I don't have time to do it myself.  I think LibreJS's method of
detecting whether or not _javascript_ is free software is based on looking
for a comment at the top of a _javascript_ file; unfortunately, that
violates our extlib policy.  I've heard there are other solutions
though, and I'd be happy to talk about it on IRC if someone was
interested in helping implement this nicely.

It's always possible to work upstream y'know ;)  So if anyone wanted to find out the problems, and then fix it for those upstreams it'd be fixed for every project.

If e.g. Joshua wants to do that, it's also an option. :]
--
Beste helsing,
Odin Hørthe Omdal <address@hidden>