Re: [GMG-Devel] Nonfree Javascript

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Nonfree Javascript
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 14:45:35 -0600

Hi,

MediaGoblin uses all free software for its javascript, so that statement
is incorrect... however, it's correct that LibreJS does not recognize as
such because we do not have the appropriate markup.

We could use help with this... I need to look again at how to do it,
though I don't have time to do it myself.  I think LibreJS's method of
detecting whether or not javascript is free software is based on looking
for a comment at the top of a javascript file; unfortunately, that
violates our extlib policy.  I've heard there are other solutions
though, and I'd be happy to talk about it on IRC if someone was
interested in helping implement this nicely.