Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Proposal for bug GEOS intersect

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Proposal for bug GEOS intersect
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:45:16 +0100

Hello Jeroen,

2010/2/3 Jeroen van Rijn <address@hidden>:
>>> In the case of an error, we should display the detailed information in a
>>> fixed-width font environment on the job details page.
>
> I think because that has the potential to have unwanted information
> disclosure,

Well, I wasn't clear enough. I want to raise an ocitysmap's exception
and then catch it in the daemon that can only store relevant
information into the Django database, not the whole exception
traceback.

Something like:
"
class GEOSIntersectsError(BaseOCitySMapError):
    """A geometry object has an invalid geometry in the database.
       Most of the time, this is due to invalid object in OSM.
       See
http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.4/ch04.html#OGC_Validity
for rules to follow.

       Attributes:
           kind -- the kind of database object in which occurred the exception
       """
    def __init__(self, kind):
        self.kind = kind
"

> This until enough of these messages have been harvested that a fool
> proof parser can be written that discloses just the OSMid's of the
> amenities that fail, which gives the user the possibility to go and
> fix them on OSM.

I'm not sure we can go down to a specific osmid because when the SQL
request fails it is querying a whole bunch of OSM ids. At list I'm
trying to tell which *kind* of osmid is giving errors.

Regards,
d.