Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Proposal for bug GEOS intersect

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Proposal for bug GEOS intersect
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:32:52 +0100

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 21:19, David MENTRE <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Maxime,
> Ok. I'll focus on raising exception in OCitysMap back-end and then
> we'll make proper error message after daemon-rewrite.
>
>> In the case of an error, we should display the detailed information in a
>> fixed-width font environment on the job details page.

I think because that has the potential to have unwanted information
disclosure, it may be better to have the error exception just email
the details to a address@hidden list, where it can be
reviewed by relevant persons in case it contains application paths and
what not that might be used to compromise the website.

Then have a "We are sorry to say the job failed. Should you wish to
inquire as to the status of a possible solution, please quote the job
number when you contact us on the mailing list or IRC."

At which point the details can be correlated with what error message
the daemon logged.

This until enough of these messages have been harvested that a fool
proof parser can be written that discloses just the OSMid's of the
amenities that fail, which gives the user the possibility to go and
fix them on OSM.

Feel free to tell me i'm talking rubbish, I might be missing some details.

--
"That's like saying that a squirrel is 48% juicier than an orange -
maybe it's true, but anybody who puts the two in a blender to compare