lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] ..on SOCKS5 support

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] ..on SOCKS5 support
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 00:04:18 +0200

Oh, hello and good evening, for auld lang syne!

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in <address@hidden>:
 |please excuse the late reply.

Terrible!  I apologise for the silence.

Thomas Dickey wrote in <20190907195941.c2gqjhnuj2pp44az@prl-debianold-64\

Thomas Dickey wrote in <20190910092328.5aevtmukues22322@prl-debianold-64\
.jexium-island.net>:
 |On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 03:43:59PM +0200, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> Thomas Dickey wrote in <20190908105750.qc3ut2e3rkrswfm4@prl-debianold-64\
 |> .jexium-island.net>:
 |>|If you have something that works reasonably well on one of the BSDs,
 |>|making it more portable (adding configure checks, command-line options,
 |>|etc.) is fairly routine.
 |>
 |> That is BSD socket code + read(2) + write(2).
 |> I will throw an eye as soon as possible, and report back then, ok?
 |
 |sounds good

Right.  So here is a working patch, porting over my own SOCKS5
code with slight adjustments for lynx.  It took hours to realize
that PARSE_HOST requires a protocol prefix, _what_a_mess_.  Note
the diff was finally produced on v2-8-9rel_1, i tried several tags
from v2-9-0dev_4a downwards, but could not get something
compilable.  (But git cherry-pick'ing the patch worked.)
I hope you like it, it works fine for me here?

Ciao, and a nice Sunday i wish from Germany!

--steffen