lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and amazon?

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and amazon?
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 16:43:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

I don’t get a captcha there, only the cookie warning.

But my past experience with audio captchas was: incomprehensible.
(Not that the graphical ones are much better, though…)

Which is largely why captcha is considered a barrier for many populations, not just those using adaptive tools. everything from the poor quality of image and sound, to language factors, makes other options, math problems, honey pots, etc., better solutions. They are even more secure according to test done by w3c members.
Karen