lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] [SOLVED] characters on the g line don’t match what I am

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [SOLVED] characters on the g line don’t match what I am typing
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 21:41:44 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

>> I guess I'll have to dig through the source then. But the
>> question comes to mind what the "Keyboard layout" option
>> is supposed to do if the selection does not become active...
>
>I took a quick look, but didn't see the answer.
>Knowing how it was triggered would give some clues.

Probably, but looking at the source yields:

• if the keybord layout feature is active, you ONLY have the
  ROT13, JCUKEN and YAWERTY layouts, with no option to not
  use them

  (btw I am able to switch to JCUKEN and type cyrillic, but
  in a fresh lynx instance, changing the “Keyboard layout”
  option does not do anything, so it’s disabled somehow)

• it’s all in src/LYStrings.c:LYEditInsert() whose fourth
  parameter is “map” which, when…
  – < 0: uses map_active
  - ≠ 0: activates the transliteration

• all callers of LYEditInsert() pass either -1 or map_active
  as fourth argument, so map_active is always used (which
  means you could g/c that parameter)

• map_active is static to src/LYStrings.c

• map_active is only ever toggled in LYEdit1()
  case LYE_SWMAP

• LYE_SWMAP is not documented in (k)eymap, but inspecting
  the source infers it’s bound to ^^

• pressing ^^ has no effect however

• hitting ‘g’ to get an input line, then ^^, does disable,
  or rather toggle, the effect, though

So we’ve got it. Somehow I must accidentally have hit or
pasted ^^ in an input line in that session. All in less
than ten minutes of looking at the code (which I did not
have time for until now).

Perhaps you wish to document this.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
„Cool, /usr/share/doc/mksh/examples/uhr.gz ist ja ein Grund,
mksh auf jedem System zu installieren.“