lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Help customize: screen size, color, text size; status bar

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Help customize: screen size, color, text size; status bar covers hotkey listing
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 01:06:32 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

>Lynx does not automatically repaint its screen when resizing the window
>(some long ago disagreement there).  If you use control/R to refresh the
>window it will use the new window's size...

^R reloads (and redraws, obviously) the page.
^L redraws the screen, this should also work,
and much faster at that.

>> 3.  I would like to make the text larger.  It is a little too small,
>> difficult to see.
>
>lynx doesn't control this

On Windows this can usually be set in the “system menu”
(the icon in the upper-left corner of the titlebar, though
I’ve not been using Windows versions released in the last
16 years, so YMMV).

>> http://www.usccb.org/bible/genesis/21 ; is there a way to copy-to-clipboard
>> the current page’s URL from within Lynx?)

Press G (uppercase g) to show the current URL in the
status line, then copy/paste that, if it’s not too long,
or scroll. Alternatively, the V (uppercase v) page shows
it (and your history), and the = page shows both the URI
of the current page and of the currently selected link.

>> 5.  Text remains ‘burned onto’ the screen after navigating away, apparently
>> from resizing the window – clicking the ‘maximize’ and ‘unmaximize’ button in
>> the top-right window corner, and scrolling the text back into view after
>> unmaximizing, and then navigating to a new screen.
>
>control/R to refresh probably would fix this

Again, ^L is enough, no need to do ^R, and yes, it should;
this also occurs on Unix.

>> Would you please add this software to the Windows Store?  I think it could
>
>I don't see a way to do that...

Someone who knows about this store thingy would have to
do that. Lynx is Free Software, so, just do it.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Stéphane, I actually don’t block Googlemail, they’re just too utterly
stupid to successfully deliver to me (or anyone else using Greylisting