lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] is there a way for me to find out what's going wrong?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] is there a way for me to find out what's going wrong?
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:13:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Virden, Larry W. wrote:

When I attempt to access http://wiki.tcl.tk/1 , I see the following from
the latest lynx:

Looking up wiki.tcl.tk
Making HTTP connection to wiki.tcl.tk
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Data transfer complete
/usr/bin/gzip -d --no-name /tmp/lynxXXXXxIai0R/L22433-5498TMP.html.gz
Alert!: Error uncompressing temporary file!

lynx: Start file could not be found or is not text/html or text/plain
     Exiting...

However, the file doesn't exist one lynx has terminated. If it were still
around, I could take a look to see what is wrong.

Is there anything I can do to catch the file before lynx deletes it?

Only by modifying lynx, e.g., to just do an exit(1) on this case.

The trace file would show the header information that tells lynx it
should use gzip.  (For some cases, using zlib and memory-caching will
not require it to use an external gzip, though the end result may be the same).

I'll take a look to see if it breaks for me also (this evening).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net