lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Question to the option "-connect_timeout"

From: Jens Schleusener
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Question to the option "-connect_timeout"
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:57:12 +0100 (NFT)

Hello,

I use within a script the program "lynx" via

  lynx -dump -nolist URL

and added now the option

  -connect_timeout=15

to shorten the general processing time while connecting to invalid or currently unreachable URLs. That works if I call the script interactively (on the console) but not if the script is called as a cronjob. Instead a "usage"-message is issued where the option "-connect_timeout" is missing.

Why? Any ideas?

Greetings

Jens

--
Dr. Jens Schleusener            T-Systems Solutions for Research GmbH
Tel: +49 551 709-2493           Bunsenstr.10