lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] #define WIN_EX

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] #define WIN_EX
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 18:18:36 +0900

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 12:21:51PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, Gisle Vanem wrote:
>
> >I have built MingW/MSVC6 versions of Lynx for a long time with this
> >define. And have not seen any problems with it.
> >
> >Is there any reason why this can't be changed to "#ifdef _WINDOWS" (for
> >the sake of reducing # of ifdefs).
>
> I seem to recall looking into this a while back, that some parts of the
> code would be useful for more than just windows.  (Will check on the next

Definitely useful for ports other than windows.  So useful in fact that
some features should be taken out from under the define and incorporated
into the base code, IMHO.

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999