lynx-dev

Re: ALLOC_IN_POOL, Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: ALLOC_IN_POOL, Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:46:18 +0300 (MSK)

4-Dec-2002 00:52 Bela Lubkin wrote:
> Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>> Sorry for inconvenience, I haven't thought my patches so heavy to apply.
>> It seems my mailer expands tabs to spaces etc.  try  patch -u -l
>> Will think about uploading to a web server.

> For the spacing problems, see if your mailer knows how to send
> "attachments" (either uuencoded or MIME).  Compress (gzip or bzip2) your
> patch -- this will ensure that it's a binary format, so the mailer's
> attach facility will know to encode it.

Sure, I can send patches as attachments (uuencoded or base64)
but this will less human-readable for the list subscribers like me,
especially for small diffs of 5-10 lines size.  Perhaps I will send patches
inlined as now (small-to-medium size), but supply an URL
or attachment for exact copy, verified on Linux.

Theese days I have only one pending patch, to speedup user-search in lynx
by the factor of 5 or like.