lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Configuring Lynx to use OpenSSL?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Configuring Lynx to use OpenSSL?
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:18:10 -0300

Thomas Dickey wrote:

> lynx's configure script looks for OpenSSL in the standard
> location for that package (/usr/local/ssl).

It's the standard location when you install from sources. And
only now Linux distributions include OpenSSL.

> (I'm not sure where Redhat would put it - they do have a
> habit of changing things, and I don't have a 7.1).

I thought placing anything in /usr/local was against the FHS.
A Linux distribution shouldn't place any files in /usr/local
, or am I mistaken ?

Slackware uses /usr/bin , /usr/lib , /usr/include , /usr/man
, and /etc/ssl for OpenSSL, but I don't use their packages -
my install is in /usr/local/ssl

I noticed the following in Links configure.in:

for ssldir in "" /usr /usr/local/openssl /usr/lib/openssl
/usr/local/ssl /usr/local/www /usr/lib/ssl /usr/local
/usr/pkg /opt /opt/openssl; do

But there are no other SSL configure options, only
--without-ssl .

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org} Tel: 55-21-2717-2399 (Niterói-RJ BR)