lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Building Lynx2-8-4 - when did complicated/undebuggable

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Building Lynx2-8-4 - when did complicated/undebuggable "configure" scripts become the norm?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:39:13 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> the Microsoft one.  I've cygwin b20.1 on my older machine, but probably
> will not install cygwin on the newer one since their downloads (according
> to McAfee) have viruses attached.

This sounds like an old false positive from McAfee. Is your McAfee
engine up to date, in addition to your dat files? You should be using
the superdats only to make sure the engine is up to date. Have you
sent the suspect files to McAfee? I follow alt.comp.virus fairly
closely. This would have created a large volume of posts if true.
                                  Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden