lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx browser setup

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx browser setup
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:41:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> Thanks for your response. I have downloaded the win32 version from the
> http://www.fdisk.com. I have found the problem in connection with the
> external site. But the browser is able to view my localhost files perfectly
> ie http://localhost/index.html. but when i try to view the external site i
> am not able to connect. Alert message is thrown by the browser.   Is it the
> problem in firewall?. I am using the lynx 2.8.2 rel 0.1 for win32

Although Wayne still has 2.8.2rel.1 on his site as the latest "stable"
release from him, I wouldn't advise that you actually use it. There have
been many bug-fixes and improvements since then. Try Jim Spath's binary
of 2.8.4dev.6 or Senshu Hiroyuki's binary of 2.8.4dev.10. If you use
Hiroyuki's version, look carefully for the English documentation and
lynx.cfg file in the package.

You imply that you have a firewall. Lynx should get through the
firewall the same way other browsers do. Look at your firewall
documentation and at how other browsers are configured. I believe that
you said that you were using WindowsNT. I have never used NT. Doesn't
it require appropriate permissions? If it does, are permissions set
properly?

You can try running lynx as "lynx -trace" then look at the trace file
to see what happened.
                            Doug

__
Doug Kaufman