lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx browser setup

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx browser setup
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:46:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Fiber McGee wrote:

> The message below from address@hidden
> was forwarded by the list moderator.
>
> >I have downloaded the windows version of the lynx browser and extracted.
> >When I  run the Lynx.exe it is not connecting to the site. it is giving
> >alert message not able to connect to server.. Please send me mail  what is
> >the procedure to follow to install the windows NT version of lynx browser.

There are several packages of the lynx browser for Windows. Except
for the package from Senshu Hiroyuki, the packages have installation
instructions within them. The more comprehensive instructions are
in the package from Jim Spath, but Wayne Buttles' package also has
instructions. Where did you download the package from? Did you create
a "lynx.bat" file per the instructions in the package? There are links
to the various lynx for Windows packages on my web site at:
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html";
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman