lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev How to get to the www?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to get to the www?
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:06:43 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Gerson, Sareen wrote:

> We can get to the University of Kansas site (outdated pages/pages of site
> info, courses, etc.) but how do you get OUT of that to get to other
> websites? Tried hitting ESC and typing the URLs. But I get the answer that
> What do I need to be able to use LYNX as a text browser that would actually
> go somewhere besides Kansas?
> (Have access to LYNX at home on a 486-333 computer and have a 56mps modum)

It isn't clear from your email how you are trying to use lynx. Are you
calling to a unix shell account from home, or do you have lynx running
on a unix, Windows, or DOS machine at home? What version of lynx are
you trying to use? (Get version number by typing "lynx -version" at
the command prompt.)

For modern version of lynx, the "g" key is bound by default to the
"goto" function. Just type "g" and then type the URL. Lynx generally
comes with comprehensive help in the form of the lynx users guide. To
see it, type "H" or "?" from within lynx. Some sites may have lynx
intentionally configured to disallow "g". The "ESC" key isn't used
within lynx. For the active keybindings on your version of lynx, type
"K" from within lynx.
                            Doug

__
Doug Kaufman