lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:55:13 +0100

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> said:

> On Sun, 16 Jan 100, T.E.Dickey wrote:

(All the quotes you referred to in your reply were mine - however they
appear as attributed to T.E.Dickey..)

> I don't know what the "Raju's tips" are you are referring to...

There is a link on one of the official Lynx pages to a page of helpful hints
from him. This is what he writes:

                        ------------------

"If you don't have a Lynx with libgpm built in, you will not be able to use
the mouse to click on links to follow them.  The only sure fire way I could
figure out to check whether your Lynx has GPM compiled in or not is to run
the following command:

                  strings 'which lynx' | fgrep -i gpm

If you get a couple of lines of output with `lib_gpm_initscr'' and stuff in
them, congratulations! your Lynx supports GPM."

> The place to really check for "gpm" (with nm, in order to make sure there
> are no false positives as with lynx) is the lib{,n}curses.*.

Thanks for the info.

Morten