lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mouse support on the console?
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 100 18:59:53 -0500 (EST)

> T.E.Dickey <address@hidden> said:
>
> > Do the ncurses test programs work with the mouse (and gpm)?   Some versions
> > of gpm are distributed in a form that prevents the libgpm from linking
> > properly with ncurses (that's an faq).  I see this if I do 'nm' on
> > libgpm.so
> > and see if wgetch is defined in it - not listed as an external.
>
> Sorry for not realizing this was a FAQ.
( I've answered it enough to know ;-)
        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html

> It seems that test programs have been left out from ncurses in the SuSE
> package. As for gpm I think wgetch is listed as an external..?
>
> # nm -g libgpm.so | grep wgetch
>
> U wgetch

that's external in the sense that I meant ("undefined" = "U")

and ncurses was configured with gpm?
        configure --with-gpm

The lynx configure script is supposed to test if it must use -lncurses -lgpm,
so that's another check.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden