lynx-dev

lynx-dev [dev.9] buglet: download statusline "url" is truncated

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev [dev.9] buglet: download statusline "url" is truncated
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:18:45 -0600

When I downloaded -dev.9 using -dev.8, I noticed that the statusline on
the download page was obviously truncated, thusly ( => line):

 >                                                         Download Options
 >
 >                   Download Options (Lynx Version 2.8.3dev.8)
 >
 > Downloaded link: http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2.8.3dev.9.tar.bz2
 > Suggested file name: lynx2.8.3dev.9.tar.bz2
 >
 > Download options:
 >    [1]Save to disk
 >
 > [..snip..]

=> File=/hom

After building -dev.9, I took a look again, and see that the statusline
has slightly changed, but it still doesn't look right:

 >                                                         Download Options
 >
 >                   Download Options (Lynx Version 2.8.3dev.9)
 >
 > Downloaded link: http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2.8.3dev.9.tar.bz2
 > Suggested file name: lynx2.8.3dev.9.tar.bz2
 >
 > Download options:
 >    [1]Save to disk
 >
 > [..snip..]

=> File=/home

when compared with the output from 2.8.2-rel.1:

 >                                                         Download Options
 >
 >                   Download Options (Lynx Version 2.8.2rel.1)
 >
 > Downloaded link: http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2.8.3dev.9.tar.bz2
 > Suggested file name: lynx2.8.3dev.9.tar.bz2
 >
 > Download options:
 >    [1]Save to disk
 >
 > [..snip..]

=>
LYNXDOWNLOAD://Method=-1/File=/home/kimdv/tmp/tmp/L8576-2TMP.txt/SugFile=lynx2

I haven't really been paying attention to this particular bit of statusline
info, so I'm not sure when it started getting truncated.  I do seem to recall
that someone was fiddling around with abbreviating lengthy statusline url's
though, and I'm not sure if that code was incorporated into the distribution.
Nor am I sure that the above problem is really related, though it seems a
good bet ... :-) ...

As may be ... could whomever was working on abbreviating statusline url's
look into the above, perhaps ...?

/kim