lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev A bug in the keymap handling?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev A bug in the keymap handling?
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 06:36:19 -0400 (EDT)

990510 Keith Doyle wrote:
> I see a link low on the page that I want to get to
> and think "down" and hit the down key like I would
> in any other text oriented application I've ever seen
> and find it instead goes to the right
> and takes forever to get down to the link
> as it horizontally cycles through the arrays of links on most pages.

i don't know about the bug you may have found
due to some hidden tie of Enter to Down,
but the simple solution to your problem above is to use numbered links:
you can set that via the Options page,
then if you want to goto your link low on the page
it will be numbered eg [27] & you simply enter  27  to go off there
or  27g  if you just want to move the hilite to that link;
there's also now (thanks to Laura Eaves) the further device
that you can specify a relative link-number,
eg  7+  goes off to the 7th link below where you are:
for that you do need the latest  2-8-2pre.2 .