lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev A bug in the keymap handling?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev A bug in the keymap handling?
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:26:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Keith Doyle wrote:

> I think I may have found a bug in KEYMAP handling.

I don't think that this is a bug.

> the arrays of links that are on most pages.  So someone pointed out the '>'
> key which does more like what I want (not quite, but better than the default
> down key).  I then find out that since it is a printable character, it has
> the side-effect of getting hung up when you encounter an entry field as it
> starts entering >>>>'s into the field.  So I looked into the keymap

This doesn't have to do with being printable. Certain lynx keycodes
are specially handled in the code and are not configurable. Only
lynxkeycodes such as DNARROW will have their effect in text fields.

> configuration in the .lynx.cfg file.  I decided to try swapping the down
> arrow with the '>' key in the hopes it would fix the problem of
> encountering input fields while doing a down:
>
>       KEYMAP:>:NEXT_LINK     # Move to the next link
>       KEYMAP:0x101:DOWN_LINK # Move to the link below
>
> I'm using version 2.8.1rel2, and the above did work.  However it has an
> annoying side effect on the Enter key, which apparently is tied to whatever
> the DOWN key is configured to do and not to its own isolated function.
> And as far as I have been able to tell the Enter key does not have it's
> own keymap code.  In any event, I don't want to change the behavior of
> Enter, only of the down arrow.

This is tied to DNARROW, not to the key itself. DNARROW is defined in
LYStrings.h. To do what you want, you need to switch the characters
reported by the different keystrokes in LYStrings.c and recompile. See
the examples there for the DOS port. How to do this, however, will
vary according to whether you are using slang or ncurses.
                                  Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)